How You Can Help
- Educate People About Chelsea’s Case and the Unjust Grand Jury Process.
- Spread the word about the petition at FreeChelsea.com.
- Donate to her legal defense fund.
- Send money to Chelsea's commissary account.
- Write Chelsea a letter - or draw her a picture - to let her know you support her.
- Throw a letter-writing party.
- Write an article or blog post about Chelsea's situation.
Educate People About Chelsea’s Case and the Unjust Grand Jury Process.
Chelsea has explained in detail why she is opposed to the grand jury process in general, the history of the grand jury process and why it should be abolished in a few different documents over the last few months.
The most recent, and shortest of them, she wrote recently for the Seventh Annual Aaron Swartz Day & International Hackathon event at the Internet Archive in San Francisco.
Chelsea also wrote a letter to Judge Trenga with a detailed explanation.
Grand jury resister Katie Yow’s support website also provides many useful explainers.
Spread the word about the petition at FreeChelsea.com.
Send the petition at FreeChelsea.com out to your organizations mailing list.
RT this tweet from Chelsea with a comment to help get more signatures on Chelsea's petition: https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/1216901704005955584?s=20
Donate to her legal defense fund.
Send money to Chelsea's commissary account.
Only money orders via snail mail are accepted. Make sure to write Chelsea's inmate ID on it (A0181426) and send it to:
Write Chelsea a letter - or draw her a picture - to let her know you support her.
Chelsea's new PO Box is:
(You MUST make sure you address it as “Chelsea Manning c/o Queerious Labs”)
Chelsea Manning c/o Queerious Labs
3542 Fruitvale Ave, #124
Oakland, CA 94602
Throw a letter-writing party.
Letter-writing events are simple to organize.
All you need are:
- a venue (You can utilize just about any location: staff lunchroom, school cafeteria or classroom, or even outside somewhere, like a picnic)
- snacks and refreshments (or the ability to order them at the venue)
Write an article or blog post about Chelsea's situation.
If you are a journalist or blogger, writing an article explaining some particular aspect of Chelsea's situation can be very helpful.
If you are a member of the press and need a statement from Chelsea's attorney, Moira Meltzer-Cohen, contact Andy Stepanian, Sparrow Media, email@example.com, 631-291-3010